Here's a really interesting article for people who care for their well-being: Evils of High Insulin Levels
I was researching how to keep my insulin levels low, as it is what stores fat, and I stumbled across this site. I'm not surprised that eating more makes you age quicker. In 10th grade years back, my biology teacher showed the class an article on a study done on monkeys or chimps or one of those species. They were fed the same, healthy, decent food, but one was fed significantly more. Over the years, the study revealed that the one who was being fed more turned out to look 50 years older than the one who was fed very little and good portions! There's a great motivation for people who need to seriously start portion sizing. My boyfriend tells me "I don't get it, you're so healthy in terms of your food choices and you know so much about this topic"- Yes, I do...but I failed to portion size my meals. Doesn't matter how healthy I was eating-I was eating too much of it! Also, think of all the starving children. They have NOTHING to eat and here you are, or I was, overeating food that could have fed hungry children. It also lessens your grocery expense! There are tons of reasons to start portionsizing your foods--it is even what triggers high insulin levels. And it's just digusting to be overweight and feel full. Why the hell would ANYONE want that?
In HS, I was never the fat girl or anything-but I was chubby (and still am, and it's changing :) ). No one thought I was fat because it was mostly in my midsection and I hid it well, and I'm petite. (It's genetics for it to be stored there-my sister doesn't have it luckily), but I was feeling miserable inside because I couldn't wear all the clothes I wanted or feel free in my body. My friends have pools and go to beaches and I would be feeling terrible because it was so hard to hide my midsection then. And it's not even only about looks-my mentality was off too. Insecurities led me to be less motivated in all aspects and not think highly of myself. I feel like I wasted so many years like this. When my boyfriend was discussing us going away for vacation-like florida or bahamas- my response wasn't even eager. I was just thinking "ugh...I'm so fat, I would have a terrible time". People don't consider me to look so terribly fat but it's all about what you think. I thought it was horrible and it bought me down in ways my friends or boyfriend couldn't see.
Confidence is the most important thing a person can possess, it opens many other doors for you in all aspects of life. It gives you the courage and start to do anything from losing weight to creating a business or idea. Do you ever notice that when a girl or guy is confident, it really actually makes them sexy? And insecurities make the person ugly-even if you thought they were not bad looking. Even with job interviews, you think anyone wants to hire or work with an insecure person? It's true, and I want that kind of confidence and health. It would free me in so many ways. For me, what is keeping me from being confident is my weight (well a big chunk of it, like 90%)-and I will change that. I did slip 2 days of my first week and snacked a bit extra and had that full feeling but I look back on that now and hit myself for being weak. I personally think it's so gross to have such a love for food that you stuff yourself with it. It just turns into disgusting blobs of fat and slows you down, makes you age quicker and die faster (literally). Is it really worth it? Not at all.
I started off well today, I had 1/8th of an avocado and this rice/lentil pancake thingie in the morning. It's like my version of a vegan omelette. It did use oil, but I used about a 1.5 tsps only. I then had some naturally fruit flavored green tea with no sugar. It's 2pm (I woke up late-spring break), and I've had about 250 calories so far. I really don't feel like running today (so shitty out) but I will do Jillian Michaels - No more trouble zones workout. I highly recommend that video-I burn fat and build muscle at the same time. My heart rate stays up and I get to work on toning areas at the same time- and you don't need anything but dumbells!
Stay healthy
I was researching how to keep my insulin levels low, as it is what stores fat, and I stumbled across this site. I'm not surprised that eating more makes you age quicker. In 10th grade years back, my biology teacher showed the class an article on a study done on monkeys or chimps or one of those species. They were fed the same, healthy, decent food, but one was fed significantly more. Over the years, the study revealed that the one who was being fed more turned out to look 50 years older than the one who was fed very little and good portions! There's a great motivation for people who need to seriously start portion sizing. My boyfriend tells me "I don't get it, you're so healthy in terms of your food choices and you know so much about this topic"- Yes, I do...but I failed to portion size my meals. Doesn't matter how healthy I was eating-I was eating too much of it! Also, think of all the starving children. They have NOTHING to eat and here you are, or I was, overeating food that could have fed hungry children. It also lessens your grocery expense! There are tons of reasons to start portionsizing your foods--it is even what triggers high insulin levels. And it's just digusting to be overweight and feel full. Why the hell would ANYONE want that?
In HS, I was never the fat girl or anything-but I was chubby (and still am, and it's changing :) ). No one thought I was fat because it was mostly in my midsection and I hid it well, and I'm petite. (It's genetics for it to be stored there-my sister doesn't have it luckily), but I was feeling miserable inside because I couldn't wear all the clothes I wanted or feel free in my body. My friends have pools and go to beaches and I would be feeling terrible because it was so hard to hide my midsection then. And it's not even only about looks-my mentality was off too. Insecurities led me to be less motivated in all aspects and not think highly of myself. I feel like I wasted so many years like this. When my boyfriend was discussing us going away for vacation-like florida or bahamas- my response wasn't even eager. I was just thinking "ugh...I'm so fat, I would have a terrible time". People don't consider me to look so terribly fat but it's all about what you think. I thought it was horrible and it bought me down in ways my friends or boyfriend couldn't see.
Confidence is the most important thing a person can possess, it opens many other doors for you in all aspects of life. It gives you the courage and start to do anything from losing weight to creating a business or idea. Do you ever notice that when a girl or guy is confident, it really actually makes them sexy? And insecurities make the person ugly-even if you thought they were not bad looking. Even with job interviews, you think anyone wants to hire or work with an insecure person? It's true, and I want that kind of confidence and health. It would free me in so many ways. For me, what is keeping me from being confident is my weight (well a big chunk of it, like 90%)-and I will change that. I did slip 2 days of my first week and snacked a bit extra and had that full feeling but I look back on that now and hit myself for being weak. I personally think it's so gross to have such a love for food that you stuff yourself with it. It just turns into disgusting blobs of fat and slows you down, makes you age quicker and die faster (literally). Is it really worth it? Not at all.
I started off well today, I had 1/8th of an avocado and this rice/lentil pancake thingie in the morning. It's like my version of a vegan omelette. It did use oil, but I used about a 1.5 tsps only. I then had some naturally fruit flavored green tea with no sugar. It's 2pm (I woke up late-spring break), and I've had about 250 calories so far. I really don't feel like running today (so shitty out) but I will do Jillian Michaels - No more trouble zones workout. I highly recommend that video-I burn fat and build muscle at the same time. My heart rate stays up and I get to work on toning areas at the same time- and you don't need anything but dumbells!
Stay healthy
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Home